PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 08:03
Polorutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wageslave, your opinion disgusts me.

That kind of thinking is selfish and will not improve neither the flexi guys nor your own T's and C's.

As I said in my previous post which you clearly haven't read. Most of the guys in the flight deck with you today got the debt when the end goal was something a lot more rewarding. Up until late 2007, every CTC cadet who finished training ended up with a nice permanent contract and the bond repayments were included in the salary. Allowing you to make a relatively sensible financial planning.

Things changed between these guys training and finishing and here we are today. Talk to the guys who you fly with and ask them why they did it, they will probably have some sensible answers.

And what's this about there being other careers? Are you saying that nobody should attempt to be a commercial pilot nowadays? What about having a calling or being passionate about what you're doing?

The costs of training are prohibitive so a newly graduate guy with a dream needs to take some risks. Before this flexicrew malarkey there was TRSS, before that there was bonding, etc.. etc... This is just an escalation to ever decreasing terms and conditions.

They are YOUR terms and conditions too even if you can't see it.