PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 23:13
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't pillorying anyone, just pointing out that these guys volunteered to be where they are. No one made them do it, they chose to take a £100,000 gamble of their own free will and accord. Despite some peoples' views flying isn't the only career out there, there are thousands of others to choose from. If a gambler punts a fortune and loses should he grumble? Hell! Why - how can he? He chose to gamble. Caveat Emptor. But these guys aren't the losers, they're the winners in this unholy and unethical swindle. The losers are the ones with £100,000 debt and NO job and there are plenty of them out there though we hear nothing from them. The ones we seem so concerned about are the ones who won, the ones who did get a job. Why are we so sorry for them if their win at the £100,000 gamble didn't turn out to be quite as fast a payback expected? Though I should add that in my experience few of them do grumble - it's us - the permanent people in the UK alone who have taken up the cudgels on their behalf over this which baffles me as we seem to be neglecting our own welfare which as I illustrated above is so far out of kilter with our other permanent (ie Easyjet employee, not contractor) colleagues that it beggars belief.

I'm not running these guys down and I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned and help them if we can but I think we have bigger fish to fry and we should be looking to our own problems before we get too involved with those of others who could be organising themselves to get out of a pickle they got themselves into. But not one hundredth as bad a pickle as those with vast debts who weren't selected and have no job at all. Are we going to start looking after them too?