PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get a CPL and ??? Do you expect it?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2003, 23:41
portredleftonshelf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tend to agree with original post. where i work the amount of young guys that think theyll get that new cpl and get a job, as one put it sitting in a lounge chair pushing buttons, are in for an incredible shock. guys now days have no drive to hassel an employer, and networking is severly lacking. remember while i was trainging for cpl old man, who is not in aviation, said that effective career progression comes from an ability to NETWORK effectively. thats what it all comes down to, and that holds true for any industry, particularly aviation.

i also find though that alot of employers have a great deal of contempt for new job seekers and that is wrong. have they forgotten those first job seeking efforts of door knocking. the fact that you rock up some where and ask an employer in the face ' have you got any jobs going, im willing to do anything' if nothing else shows guts. have only worked for one employer out of five that took the time to chat to these guys, even if they werent looking. some had driven thousands of kms.

but then, thats the industry., its a bitch where only the most resilient survive.