PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tackling Engine Fire After Take Off in Multi Engine Heli
Old 21st Dec 2012, 15:56
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Helicomparator: don't be so simplistic/pedantic. You know what i mean when something is revised. Is it necessarily changed everytime it is revisited - of course not.
Have I said SOP's should not be followed - of course not. I did stress that in the exigencies of the service one is expected to be flexible, that is why some people are Captains and others make the coffee.
Here (in this thread) we have persons explaining that SOP's haven't changed for 45 yrs and then others explaining that modern helicopters have changed beyond recognition. If the latter is correct (and of course it is) then SOP's are at the very least out of step - QED. Eat your shorts
As we speak, SOP's are being changed for gearbox mals over inhospitable terrain. Don't tell me they will remain in their new format until 2057+
Hummingfrog: TC. 1, HC. 0.

Crab - I love it, especially with the rig drivers, most (certainly not all) who dream of breaking away from SOP's just for 5 minutes. And when no -one is looking, to actually fly the helicopter for real.

Happy Christmas to you all, fly safely (unless it says otherwise in your SOP [Santa Operating Procedure].