PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mosquito over Auckland
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 15:45
GeeRam

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by aviate1138
Mmmm...
"5 were flown in the film"

I worked on Mosquito Squadron [not the best movie ever made!] and I only ever saw 4 together, both at Bovingdon and West Raynham where we moved to after The Battle of Britain gaggle took over Bovingdon.

Pilots were Taffy Rich, Pat Fillingham [T3], Neil Williams and one other my brain cell can't recall but should. Allen Wheeler was the Aviation Advisor.

At West Raynham we were joined by a Farnborough based early mark Shackleton which housed the movie cameras, one fore and one aft. The movie only ever shows 4 flying Mosquitos and had there been five they would show up somewhere but don't.
Err...... Mosquito Squadron and 633 Squadron are two different films seperated by 5 years

There were 5 x Mosquitos flying during filming for 633 Squadron at Bovingdon in July 1963, which is what I and the previous posters were talking about.

And you are correct regarding only 4 being used for filming of Mosquito Squadron at Bovingdon in July 1968

And I think Taffy Rich was the only pilot to fly a Mosquito in both films. And I can't find out who was the 4th pilot either

Last edited by GeeRam; 21st Dec 2012 at 16:24.