PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2012, 11:18
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is, fortunately, an increasing dose of common sense and perspective here about the alternatives. The words of contributors like keep_er_lit and others are indeed cautionary tales. We know at easyJet we have a big issue related to the flexicrew problem. Our latest missive from our Head of Flight Operations (a good guy by the way) suggests it will all be resolved by the end of Jan 2013 - I personally think that is highly unlikely. Nonetheless, it will be resolved at some point and the vast majority of our pilots will have permanent contracts. Once that pressing issue is resolved we can then get back to making sure we remain in the excellent position we are right now. In terms of the running of the airline, love them or hate them, our managers are doing a great job of running an increasingly efficient operation, maintaining high load factors, bringing up the share price, increasing profit margins and keeping the investors happy. That is no mean feat and having had the misfortune to work for airlines with a significantly less competent management team and a dire financial position, I am very grateful for our current state. As I have said before, there are indeed better airlines out there than easyJet - but not many. Those of you thinking that Air Utopia is just waiting to offer you a job paying you twice as much for flying half your current schedule, whilst recognising your outstanding talent and contribution to the Company are likely to be sadly disappointed. It is a hard world out there for most people and I do not intend to jump off a a plain but fully functional ship in the hope of landing on the Queen Mary - only to discover myself floating on a life raft in shark-infested waters.