PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet lying {again}
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2012, 17:53
ASB01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like WJ as a rule, but have to agree that if you want an on time flight, make sure you book a departure before 2pm. After that, a high percentage of the fleet are struggling to keep up with the 35 minute turnarounds.
Pretty much everything goes through Calgary at some time during the day, where there are de-icing delays for 6 months of the year and TS delays for the other 6 months.
Calgary Airport don't help this by suspending all ground activities whenever there is a chance of lightning in the vicinity (i.e. every summer afternoon and evening), even though take offs and landings are continuing unaffected and perfectly safely.
But WJ should step up to the plate and be honest with their customers. In this digital age, it only takes a minute to track what has really happened to the intended 737, and more than once I have been fed a fairy tale by the customer service agents. Please don't tell me the flight will arrive in YVR within 30 minutes when I can see on my cellphone that it hasn't even arrived in Calgary yet, let alone departed.