PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet goes further downmarket
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2003, 13:47
DeepC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think people within the industry see EasyJet differently from those outside who regularly use it. I have used it well over 50 times return LTN-AMS. The punters who regularly use it do not see it as an airline in the traditional sense. Obvious really, but that changes my expectation of the service. Cheap (seems to be getting cheaper again at the moment) and cheerful. Once you have learnt the rules of the game and realised that Easy ground staff are quite often unhelpful but that the cabin crew in the aeroplane are usually efficient and cheerful it becomes routine.

I and I know others I have spoken to view Easy as a bus service. 45 Minutes to AMS. Convenient no frills. Delivers you to an airport which is one of the best and easy travelling distance from both Amsterdam and Den Haag. Plane often takes off 'late' but normally lands within ten minutes of schedule. No major complaints in 3.5 years. Some bad experiences but the vast majority good.

Keep up the good work and please could the ground staff smile a bit more.

Sorry for the bullet point style sentences but I am writing this one sentence every few minutes as I do my work.

DeepC