PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2012, 22:46
Beavis and Butthead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too far-fetched you're thinking?
Well, yes. As One Post Only says, it's not an issue on the Airbus as it will ping at you after takeoff should you forget a pack. I too never forget though!! Packs off takeoff was the norm at my previous operator too. I really do not see taxiing out single pack as a distraction. Come on! I read complaints about some new entrant guys not being up to standard, yet we find having a pack off on taxi out a distraction??

I am not LGW based (but have been). It is busier at LGW, no doubt about it, and there is far more inexperience to deal with, but I certainly didn't find it as dire as mentioned here. At other bases like my own it's actually a very good job to many. Few complain. Yes it has it's moments, and busy times in the summer, but Mrs B&B works 9-5, Mon-Fri and says I'm always at home! No airline is everyone's cup of tea, and easyJet certainly isn't, but I like it. If I was younger, maybe BA but I wouldn't leave EZY for anyone else right now, certainly not any UK airline.

I wish As_good_as_it_gets well in finding a more suitable job. As I say, it's not for everyone and it's clearly not for him. Fact of life.