PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2012, 00:48
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As good as it gets - It is of course hard to be earning £100k a year and flying brand new jets around Europe. I can imagine there are countless people reading this with tears rolling down their cheeks just so glad they work for Onur Air or FlyBE instead. The simple fact is that, as your name implies, easyJet is as good as it gets - unless you work for a major. Great if your wife will put up with Dubai then go to Emirates. Cathy is fantastic, as is BA. If you can get jobs there best of luck to you. Presumably if you could get a better job you would do so. My genuine question is this - which airline specifically would you regard as better than easyJet to work for. I can imagine you may add Virgin Atlantic to your list if you want a big pay cut, much less job security and 15 years to command (if there is a Virgin Atlantic in 15 years). You may want to trade in all of that for a long haul lifestyle - good luck to you. From where I sit it seems like professional suicide, but that is probably just me. Like everyone else, I stare at Flight International every week looking at jobs. At this stage I cannot see a single one that would interest me more than easyJet. So, do tell - where is that promised land that is so much better? I need to find out.