PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipro New Zealand seconds away from causing mid air disaster ....
Old 16th Dec 2012, 07:50
Nubian

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hihover,

Did you understand my post, or just reacted to my remark?
I understand it was an exercise. Even more important to reduce the possibility of a disaster. These things must have been planned and agreed with the boat's captain.
In other words, the risk of a disaster is far greater in the way things went, than if a diffrent way of disposing of the ropes from the helicopter had been planned.(and I am not even talking about the potensional mid-air)

I would not have wanted the exercise dictated by a boats captain if this would jeapordise the safety of everyone involved. Get my point? This was a reply to Flying Bulls post which says boat captains don't like this practise.

I know 3 pilots which have had their run-ins with bags/tarps entering the rotors, main and tail, and it have almost ended in tears, only 3 written off helicopters, but all occupants survived. (one was caught on film and is on youtube), and in all cases the objects were further away from the helicopters than the bag on the line in this video....

So pardon me, for my unprofessionalism...