PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA OUTLAWS EU Carbon Tax...
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 23:40
Towering Q
Seasonally Adjusted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Denzel, there is an element of truth to what you say about quoting articles.

It is very easy to search the internet for material that suits your argument, and then post the links...both sides of this debate operate this way.

Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing. From my experience at least, it has forced me to dig deeper into this complex issue and learn more in the process. The key, I believe, is to keep an open mind whilst doing this...sometimes easier said than done.

What I do enjoy about Flying Binghi's contributions is his ability to 'play the ball...not the man.' He doesn't use colourful, emotive language like...'global warming lovers' and 'conspiracy theory nutters'. He just presents his case, and provides the links to back it up. Now I certainly don't agree with his view point most of the time, but that is part of the learning process, and is to be expected.

And finally, I don't agree with your assessment of John Cook, the creator of Skeptical Science, (surprise, surprise I hear you say!)

One of Cook’s priorities is distilling math- and jargon-heaving journal articles into plain language – something that opponents of action to deal with climate change have been successful at.

Taken from...

Not all climate ‘skeptics’ are created equal | Vancouver Sun