PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 21:13
As_good_as_it_gets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orange diarrhoea

Hello everybody

I'm new here, I've never succumbed to post on pprune before. why now I hear you ask........good question!

I have been a professional pilot for 15 years now, I started my career flying props and then rapidly progressing on to heavy jets and latterly Easyjet. I have been flying as a captain for Easyjet for 6 years now, based in LGW currently, and I don't know about you guys, but I'm just so fatigued and tired of it all.

I constantly pick up changes, rarely keep any standbys, not has any summer leave. I have requested part time only to be told your on the list.

I constantly flying with inexperienced cadets, I'm having to train these young guys to press the buttons in the airbus, where airmanship is simply not taught anymore. I'm finding flexi crew guys dragging them selves in when they are sick, as they are **** scared of not getting a perm contract. This puts pressure on me, which I'm not trained for.

I'm finding myself calling in sick and fatigued at an alarming rate, as I and many of my colleagues are just run down.

My colleagues are generally all good people to fly with and the aircraft that I fly are good bits of kit. It's just all the orange diarrhoea that I have to try and stomach that makes me sick and tired. If we cut all the bull before we go flying the job would be bearable.

I encourage only safe operation of my aircrsft and only taxi on both engines, both packs, config full landings unless otherwise required to do so because of operational reasons such as windshear and not because I can save the company a thimble of fuel. I do not risk my licence for anyone and certainly not for Easyjet.

I can not bear to wear anything orange, or advertising the company, I wear my own uniform as the one the company provides me with is just not fit for purpose.

I find the levels of disengagement across the company, from flight deck, to cabin crew, office shocking. It's so extreme flightdeck wise, people are going to have themselves an accident, only then will the company listen to us, after they have sacked the flight crew of course, as it was there fault.

I am actively seeking alternative employment with another airline, before anybody comments otherwise, and I'm sure some of you will comment that things are not better else where, this may be true, but I wish to try, and there is a handful of good carriers left.

Easyjet are only interested in cost cutting, nothing else, nothing more. Sad, the airline could ave been a great place to work, guess I'll never find out.

Let's hope I seek what I'm looking for.

And as my profile says what happens if this is as good as it gets!