PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Females only!
Thread: Females only!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 16:03
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had female gliding instructors.
I had female helicopter instructor (whom I flew with happily, not because I had to etc, while she flew for the flight school..)
Unfortunately, I haven't had (except demo flights) female students yet.
I showed my lady gliding over year ago, see if she'd be up for it after demo. Not really. I haven't instructed much, but I'm looking forward to have female students, be it helicopters or airplanes (later).

But, as MALE, as soon as I state (not ideal) reality that women are more 'visible'/memorable etc when it comes to recruitment, be it for the more pleasing looks (all the pilot skills being equal/similar as well as experience), 'affirmative action'/quota or whatever, I'm called the worst male chauvinist, sexist etc etc. I'm sick of this, I'd say very American way of over the top PC crap. One can't say one single thing that'd be possibly negative in respect to any sort of minority without receiving flak, even if it's not made up.

Somehow, it's more predominant, this downright slagging online, as pilots I talked to in person, share my views on the topic, as well as also welcome ladies in aviation.

In rotary world, the amount, or rather almost lack, of women, is more than fixed wing. So male pilots appreciate female pilots more.