PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing fees
Thread: Landing fees
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2012, 10:36
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try landing a helicopter at some of the hotels near Blackbushe, Stoke Park demand £ 500! I took a passenger there for a conference recently, he had 12 rooms booked for 5 days, if he had left his car in the car park a uniformed flunkey would have collected his bags, I landed him on a patch of mud near the first tee, he carried his own bags and was livid when he found out about the landing fee.

Some hotels charge £50, others free if the pax are staying, one in Devon robs you of £250. For Stoke park money I expect radar, full ATC, fuel, fire cover and a dolly to carry the bags.

And no they're not my helis, just my job, £20 for landing my Condor seems a bargain when you look at the huge overheads involved in owning/running an airfield. I've always found Blackbushe very welcoming, in fact even Elstree has a lighter side, Biggin great, Barton fantastic with really interesting stuff tucked in hangars, Southend. If you're going to Blackpool then handling is worth having if you use Hangar 3, their bill is not too eye watering and there is none of the ridiculous security.

When my boss looks at the expenses for running the jet every year his biggest gripe is landing fees avreage last year £ 1017 per landing.

SND