PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot arrested in ARN ???
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 09:14
Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFF

In short, your post seemed to indicate that you feel entitled to enjoying the same possibilites as non-pilots working 9-to-5, i.e. go to the pub after work and finish off a few pints or 10.
Sorry i think you misinterpreted, or maybe I was a bit vague? I was just trying to illustrate that pilots' working lives are very far removed from the way 95% of other people live.

Personally, I certainly do not feel entitled to go out on the **** any night I want to....and that is not what i meant.......
As it stands, the 0.2promille limit prevents one from having even just one or two beers - (we are not talking about 10...) or glasses of wine with dinner the evening before, without putting one's licence and career at risk.

It's all very well having very restrictive regulations - (we are talking about a limitation that is 25% of the UK drink-drive limit). I am quite happy to accept them, but if we are to have them they have to be looked at in context. Issues such as proposed increases in duty hours limitations are far more serious. The first place those hours will come from are rest periods...I find that ironic.

What is needed is a sensible balance- something that we presently do not have.

rgds Bumblebee

Bengt Engel, errrr mate.......I think you totally missed the point. Hejdo