PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women in Aviation???
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2003, 03:00
Dan Kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gender Paranoia

Ah it's good to see that paranoia still survives.

It seems obvious that women, being different to men, must get their aviation oriented jobs by virtue of cunning underhanded behaviour. They could not possibly be given a job on merit.

If a company decided to favour women, to balance the gender gap, let's not criticise the company, let's blame the women for simply applying for a job and taking advantage of an offer of employment.

Because we all know that no male has ever been offered a job because of who he knew, or simply that he was a known quantity to the employer! No male has ever been 'head hunted' to the detriment of all the other persons who could have done the same job.

IMHO I've met as many dopey male pilots as I have dopey female pilots. I'd guess that there are as many female pilots who think that way about me as there do male pilots.

Surely it boils down to us all being human beings with equal rights to put our hat in the ring. One uses whatever selling points one has to try and make one's self the most attractive applicant for a position. I have yet to meet a female pilot who I think was employed simply because some reprobate male thought he'd get a bit on the side!