PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Air Force with Civil Registrations...Question?
Old 9th Dec 2012, 05:34
JanetFlight

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi all and tanx to all, for all your inputs and contributions.

However one doubt remains...is it those civil markings the official ones and also the ones in wich we should use to identify the plane itself, or the tail/fuselage markings, or all of those civil ones (except the Airbus, Falcons, Cessnas, etc wich use them painted on the outside) are a kind of FPL's fictional purpose?

As i said those civil ones are only depicted on the FPL's, and not on the plane itself, and when questioned the crews about that doubt, most of them dont know also wich civil reg. its attributed to their own planes, they only know it if they see the FPL's or besides that, they still identify their planes with the usual "Numbers+Letters" tail/fuselage markings.

As an airport authority and management we still dont know wich ones are the official ones to use in messages, mvt's, traffic forms, etc?

And being myself an airline pilot too, but without flying due personal issues for some years, i think remembering my ground air law instructors on the ATC issues, that we always should use in the reg.marking field at the FPL the ones painted in the fuselage/tail, mainly due to the safety concerns in case of a crash, accident, etc, to ease identify the plane wich crashed or got missed...

With my best regards...tanx again...JF

Last edited by JanetFlight; 9th Dec 2012 at 05:38.