PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 19:02
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA should expand at LHR and LGW by buying additional slots at both airports until LHR is expanded
We have been debating this for at least a decade
Since you were ten? Really?
I cannot see how the Anti-Expansion alliance is going to legally stop something that was done an elected parliament
FFS, it can clog things up in the courts for years and take it to Europe if necessary. The air quality in that part of London is already borderline illegal due to the LHR / M24 / M4 convergence.
I feel that BA should set a base for routes to new and current destinations (that either face no competition or no competition at LHR) at LGW until LHR is expanded and to make it work, it would be a lot more flights to regional destinations, such as Manchester and Aberdeen (the same goes for LHR)
Do you have any relation to BA? What does this mean? Bases where? Fantasy routes with no competition? Seriously? To where? Commercially viable and with no competition? How?
BA have a profit making hub and spoke business model after having dropped a loss making regional point to point one. Yet you, in your wisdom are advising BA, (seriously, I hope they're taking notes) to get right back in there and hope it will be magically profitable now the competition has had time to steal all the ex BA passengers.
Mate, I cannot wait to see your business plan!

What BA should also do is buying a lot more slots at both LHR and LGW, at LHR, they should look at Aer Lingus, TAM, Qantas, Finnair and Cathay Pacific (maybe Royal Jordan, Qatar Airways and Japan Airlines) as well for a start (along with buying Virgin Atlantic), as for LGW, they need look at Easyjet, Aer Lingus and Flybe
Slots cost MONEY! What on Earth do you mean "look at" EI, J, JL. How do you avoid looking at EZY at LGW, they're everywhere! They're even in BA's home at Gatwick North now. Have a word with yourself mate.

BALHR, you have written several thousand words today on pprune alone. However you are making a fool of yourself. I am being blunt. You are monopolising several threads with page after page of your ideas, of which most are commercially non starters. You need to read what people are saying to you and understand, rather than just arguing. This isn't a debating society. It's about news of routes and happenings.

In other news :
The rebranding of the BMI hangar (TBD) is now complete as it now has BA titles and logos.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 7th Dec 2012 at 19:04.