PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - salary BBJ F/O
Thread: salary BBJ F/O
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 13:37
FrankR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Energetic,

I feel your pain. Remember that PPRune is an open forum, and some pilots here fly only the airframes built by Microsoft, while others are 300 hour guys living in some obscure place. Some are really upset, and use this as a place to vent their anger at life. .. Please take these insults with a grain of salt, and don't take it personally.

Your question is rather complex. The best answer is "It depends". If you are looking in a job in an Eastern European country, and they are advertising for local pilots only, or ones who are "Native speakers" or ones with "An existing right to work in Latvastan", then they will most likely not want an outsider, regardless of pay expectations and experience. These folks will need to hire ex-airline guys as BBJ pilots are few and far between.

So my estimate is that pay for this type of operation will be around the scale for locals at the low cost airline.

As for a BBJ being a 737, it's true, it really is a 737-700 with -800 gear and PATS tanks to give it range. However, there are many operational issues along with the ability to interact with high net worth individuals that make it difficult for some to make the jump. We just looked for three months for a few "real" BBJ guys with no luck.

If your BBJ is advertising for guys with say 1,000 hours of BBJ time, and lots of long haul international private ops, then you will be at the scale that I emailed you earlier.

Illegitimi non carborundum!

FR