PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 10:56
IFR Piglet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Crab,
Your wrong (again),GMAP1 is a mode on a “search radar” optimised for ground mapping.....actually. Not that you were to know, as quite simply you don’t need to, because you neither operate a civil SAR aircraft nor govern one.
Have you decided that someone said the P701A is a ground mapping radar and are now arguing it’s not, is that your point?? Given that we conduct Search and Rescue what other type of radar would you suggest we use? I presume the Thales defence ARI5955/2 is a search radar too? How does it optimise itself for ground mapping......no wait.... I don’t need to know!
I’m glad you told us all how to operate safely in the DVE.....cheers...really helpful....I did wonder.
Now getting back to the thread.......Where do you see yourself in the future of UK SAR? Our new glorious leader? You could re-educate us all, and teach us ship oriented axis decks. Or perhaps continue to be a tireless campaigner for the 360 degree radar as you don’t do the “big picture” even though 360 degrees dose sound like a big picture.