PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet goes further downmarket
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 17:37
payingpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not really going to miss the EasyJet sandwiches they were never that appetising. If the soup is going to be of the same quality, than thanks but no thanks.

It’s a shame that elements of the GO service are going to disappear, their in-flight food was good . But no-one decides to go on a journey just because airline X does a nice sandwich.

As for free-seating. I preferred GO's practice of allocated seats. The Easy plastic boarding voucher sort of works in the UK and at some overseas airports. At other airports either the gate staff don't get what they are supposed to be doing, or the departure areas are not physically designed to allow this sort of loading - so it all becomes a scrum a-la Ryan.

But again, allocated seating is not the point of low cost. Low cost is the point of no- frills carriers - and here I do have a bit of a problem with EasyJet. Unless you want to travel very early in the morning, or very late at night then they not really that low cost any more.

I haven't travelled with Easy for sometime. On routes where they used to compete with GO, GO were more keenly priced. More recently, I've found that a few searches on OPODO or Expedia can often produce ticket prices that are nearly as good or better than the EasyJet web site.