PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should we go to war?Just visit and vote
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 17:18
ClearBlueWater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless, that is exactly the kind of simple one dimensional world view promoted by the USA administration, and clearly supported by you, that has the rest of the world including Europe jumping up and down in apoplectic fear and anger.

I could easily address each of the factors you use to reason in support of an attack on Iraq but I won't insult everyone's intelligence and their ability to apply it to a basic history, sociology and politics. We can all work out the arguments against an attack on Iraq in a trice.

In the big scheme of real WORLD events, by which I mean those impacting the largest number of people who are most geographically dispersed and representing the broad range of human experience, most of it pretty miserable, the biggest menace on the street today is not Iraq but the one you're all too ready to defend which I suspect is not the one you think you're about to defend. It's not American blood, not really, and it certainly isn't American soil, although some of your administration would certainly like Iraq to become dependent on the US so it might as well be American soil. No, we're about to blow to smithereens thousands of men, women and children to maintain US hegemony over the world. The US has the military and economic power to control the world and thereby continue to plunder its wealth at everyone elses cost, and it is going to maintain that position at any cost regardless of any sense of morality. Iraq is about controlling the Middle East and therefore controlling its oil. At least that's what MOST PEOPLE think and they can't all be completely wrong.