PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2012, 14:23
Helipil0t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey guys. Just new to the forums here. Figured I'd drop in and say hello. Was wondering how things are going with ADA. I'm just in the process of getting my IFR ticket. Been flying VFR for the last 10 years or so doing mainly vertical reference work. I was curious to know what it's like these days flying for ADA. I've done some work in the UAE and Saudi (VFR) in the past and am looking for round two in the middle east. As long as it's not in Saudi.
By next year I'm hoping to be at around 4500TT, 500 on 212s.
Realistically I'm about a year and a half away from attaining my unrestricted ATPL. I noticed there hasn't been too much activity on this thread but noticed ADA's posting for pilots on their website.

Just a quick couple questions if anyone would care to enlighten me. Firstly, are most of the guys there touring 6/6 or do some guys opt to re-locate and live in the UAE. If you re-locate, do you bring the wife?

Secondly, I'm getting wildly different opinions as to what a guy can expect to make yearly over there. I would very much appreciate If someone could PM me in regards to the rates for FO and Captain for 2012-2013.

I'd be open to any other tid bits of info and or advice that anyone can share with me. Cheers!