PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Oxford A.T need to make up my mind
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 14:40
witchdoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PT, don't be too impressed by the selection process. It was created through a process that involved asking current/past students to apply for the new course. Presumably most of those would still have passed, including the smelly breath, sandal-wearing brigade you refer to.

OAT is a business, and without sponsored cadets it will take as many self-sponsored cadets as it takes to keep the tills ringing, and the entry standards will ultimately have to reflect this.

Also, what guarantee do you have that OAT will forward your CV to an employer? They can't forward everybody's as they would lose all credibility, so on what basis do they then select them? It wouldn't be good for continuing business if only the top x percent in each course are put forward. Students would leave as soon as it became apparent they weren't going to make the grade and take their business to a cheaper school.

The process as it stands is random and poor. I really don't see that that will change, and 20K more than I paid for a bit more twin time and a JOC (in addition to 20hrs MCC or as a replacement?) isn't really good value.

Once again, the marketing power of Oxford overcomes all common sense, and all without slippery Bob!