PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex-stewardess offloaded for itch
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2012, 05:54
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple of thoughts... (which are just that- personal thoughts and nothing official)

- Any ex-FA of EK would know that the captain never comes to 'look at' an ill pax themselves. The medical form is designed to capture the pertinent information and in consultation with medical services (and Medlink if required) the decision to offload or not is made.

- Perhaps the 'refund' referred to that she is asking for is not for the airfare but for the lost hotel bookings etc. In which case that is what travel insurance is for. Did the party in question have any? If not, then I wouldn't think the airline is responsible for the personal medical conditions of passengers. Rather it would fall to the passenger to have appropriate insurance coverage (can guarantee you plenty of crew do personal travel without it, which I am pretty sure hotel/fare etc is not covered, only injury/illness by the company schemes)

- When it comes to allergies, crew and med services generally are very conservative. What appears to be 'mild' can deteriorate to life-threatining in mere minutes.

- Apology? -There was doubt as to her health and wellness to fly. Information was taken, decision made to offload to verify it is safe for her to travel. Alternative flight offered. Pax refused the alternative. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the requested apology is actually supposed to be for???

Last edited by givemewings; 6th Dec 2012 at 06:04.