PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2012, 22:23
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "NQY: served 3x daily by BE
IOM: served 3x daily by BE and 1x daily by EZY
JER: served 6x daily by BE and 4x daily by BA"

That's what I thought, are there any other LGW domestic routes?

Quote: "Most people don't know the difference between the DEFICIT and the National DEBT. Even journalists get them mixed up yet they are clearly two very different things with attributes and issues of their own.
The same error is being made here repeatedly in that two issues are being mixed together. The market already chooses MAN to a greater or lesser extent, once again people are bleating about trying to buck the market.
UK Airport Capacity and Strategic UK Hub Connectivity (LHR and nowhere else) are the two issues in question.
Building runways and terminals anywhere except LHR or closing LHR and bulding on a new site are the only two realistic options for addressing the second. However it is right that Manchester ought to fight it's own corner but I am at a loss as to what they are realistically expecting businesses to do. There is no business in the UK able to offer from MAN what is currently served by offshore ME based carriers, and rather well I might add. This all has squat to do with BA."

Good point, Skipness, everything else is irrelevant. Of the two options, only one addresses the problem now, while they both address it several years down the line. One makes good business sense, the other is a financial basket case and/or a waste of taxpayers' money.

Makes one wonder what the Commision will actually be doing for three years.

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 4th Dec 2012 at 22:32.