PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ejection... Cutting it fine
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2012, 00:12
5Uniform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deadpan,

You did indeed squire.

Madbob,

Did you actually watch the video or are you trying to let everyone know how much Harrier knowledge you have?

My point:

At 6sec into the video, you will see that the main landing gear ceases to be attached to the airframe. At 10secs, the nose-wheel ceases to be. Hence your comment...:

"Easy to say after the event, but had he stop-cocked the engine after landing and not used power (against the braking stop) to slow down he might not have ended up ejecting. Runway length was sufficient to stop on wheel brakes alone....."

...is utter tripe. Sorry.

"The flames only appeared after he had selected nozzles to the "braking" stop."

Is this factually correct or your armchair opinion? Seems like the latter to me. Why/how did the flames appear then? On what basis do you make that comment?

Again, if you watch the video with maybe 1 eye open, I suspect the airframe, including fuel tanks, stores and a pod dragging along the KAF runway has more to do with it than your theory (which also includes the wheels still being attached btw).

Madbob, apologies for being harsh. I rarely post on this forum, but people posting factually incorrect information and (whether intentionally or unintentionally) stating it as fact is a dangerous game and too often it ends up in the press.

Done.

5U