PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants to join CATHAY!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 04:35
Dr._Strangelove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any news??

Hi all.

I'm new in this forum. I have just read the entire thread from scratch. My situation is this: I'm presently working for a Scandinavian company, but has been layed off from May 2003. I have just been invited to an interview with CX. I intend to go to the interview and what might follow. Meanwhile I'll think about what to do, should CX offer me a job. I don't know the story about the 49'ers other than what I have been able to pick up here. So far I sympathise with them, but I can't, for the love of god, not see how I can help them by staying away from CX. In my humple opinion I can help them more from inside the company as a member of the AOA (if that's an option). I would gladly pay my contribution to the 49'ers like the rest of the AOA-members.

Rumor has it here in Scandinavia, that there has been hired a new CEO. Is that true? If so: Does anyone know his stand on the recruitment-ban?

I would of course prefer to join CX when there's no more problems, but I don't see how other people (49'ers and AOA) are supposed to be feeling better just because my life is miserable. I would hate to end as a pilot who have to write 0/0 in the field where I was supposed to write how many hours I have flown in the last 6/12 months.

I hope to get some constructive answers to this reply and also some specifics on the reason for the whole 49'ers problem. I want to understand it as I'm sure it will help me to make up my mind. That is if there's still anyone out there that remembers what this is all about..

Good luck to you all.

P.S. "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough".