PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Oxford A.T need to make up my mind
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 19:34
P T Flea

Okay guys, I have read all of the above arguement with great interest and tried to reamain impartial in my conclusions. I went down to Oxford a few days ago to try and suss the whole thing out and from what I have seen I have to agree with garethjk22.

Oxford are no longer running their standard integrated fATPL scheme, the whole thing is now APP. Cadets recently started the old integrated scheme have been upgraded to the APP.

Now you have to ask yourself why many OAT graduates are finding it hard to get employed, cos' for the old course there is no selection, if you've got the money then you're in. It doesn't matter if your an idiot with smelly breath and open-toe Sandals. This means that after you graduate then it's down to you impressing the airline in your selection to get you a place, just cos' you trained with Oxford does not automatically mean your the dream employee and I'm sure that the airlines are aware of this. Now with the APP scheme there is a selection process. This, in theory, will filter out the above mentioned type of person. Ultimately OAT will be producing some of the most desirable employees with some of the best training. I strongly believe that if you've got OAT standard training, OAT actively proposing your cv to interested airlines and you've got the right attitude then you've surely got the formula for success.

As for the cost. 60K. This inlcudes fATPL/CPL/IR. It also includes JOT (10 hours in 737-400 full motion).

If I had the money I would be there like a shot.

PT