PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sgt Nightingale
Thread: Sgt Nightingale
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 11:00
Cornish Jack

Received 162 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't agree with the slogan, 'Speeding Kills'. It doesn't! Idiots behind the wheel, who aren't capable at driving at what ever speed, often kill though. As so many people aren't capable of driving fast, (or at all, but don't start me on that subject), the state should impose a limit which should be complied with, unless there is lawful excuse.
Hmm! ...and this from a "traffic management" person (motor plod??)
So, 'so many people' shouldn't be allowed to drive at all?? and the rest MUST do what 'nanny' says 'cos it's good for you and. whatever you do DON'T let commonsense or personal responsibility enter into the equation.
The OP's 'nom de Web' would normally make me run a mile to get away but he's absolutely right - we're being overwhelmed with the unthinking products of our politico's lack of public contact and small-minded, "Let's do something, ANYthing, to show we are in charge", mindset.
SI's "unless there's a legal excuse" proviso presumably means that as long as it's an incompetent plod driver causing the accident (enough of those to cause worry) everything is well with the world. The rest of us just 'get in line and do what you're told'.
I think that what worries me most about this Nightingale nonsense is that the varieties of the "Daily Slime" can claim some sort of influence in the result. Yet another sign of the times.