PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sgt Nightingale
Thread: Sgt Nightingale
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 12:28
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
John F
If any of this is not correct kindly put me straight.
Not incorrect, but an awful lot missing betweeen the first and last lines.

Judges, Tribunals and Magistrates | 2012 | In the case of 24951951 Sergeant Danny Harold Nightingale

A few line fillers for you;

JUDGE ADVOCATE: Yes, but Mr Winter, 122 rounds of 9mm which fits the Glock Pistol are identified as an aggravating feature in the authorities, are they not?
MR WINTER: Of course we readily accept that indeed, so it is very clear the frangible rounds would also be fireable.

JUDGE ADVOCATE: But Mr Winter, if anybody had gained access to the accommodation, it would not have taken them more than 30 seconds to spot the ammunition in a clear Perspex box and find the gun.

MR WINTER: Correct.

It is in this period, i.e. some time towards the end of October or early November of 2007, that it must be the case that the Glock was presented to him. That is an analysis that has been constructed really from his wife Sally’s memory and what he said in interview.

It therefore remained in the locked secure cage for the whole of 2008 and the whole of 2009 and in fact for the first half of 2010.

In October of 2009, whilst it is in the cage, he did the marathon, which as you know caused the serious brain injury

The gun remained in the cage until mid-2010 when it was required to be moved from the cage to his mess accommodation, not the triple SA but the mess accommodation that he was given at that time. He does not believe he opened it because he would not need to open it, he has no memory of it, but he says why would I open an operations box when I was not on operations, and he believes he used it for his brew-up table, having put a cloth over it, in his mess room where it remained from mid-2010 until January of 2011.

In the latter part of 2009, as you have been told, he was cleared fit for work and came back to work in the early part of 2010, and in the June to October had sufficiently recovered to be placed upon the 30-minute response counter-terrorism team, for the training for that team which took place between June and October of 2010, and during that time was made sniper coordinator of a fast reaction counter-terrorism team, which is a position of considerable responsibility, and as Doctor Young will tell you for him to have constructed strategies whereby his brain could heal itself and whereby he could return to that sort of operation is quite frankly truly remarkable,

In the early part of 2011, in January, he was required to move out of the mess into the triple SA accommodation, but he was on the 30-minute standby and he therefore was given by his superiors about 2 hours to move his stuff out of the mess and get back. He believes, he is not sure about this, but he believes that he and the other officer, who has been dealt with in June, took a van and together moved all the contents of both their mess rooms to the flat at the triple SA accommodation in about 2 hours. It is a 20-minute drive each way and the loading accounted for the rest of the time, but they basically just ran in and dumped it in the room and he dumped all of his stuff in the upper rear bedroom of the triple SA accommodation. He does not remember putting the ammunition from where it probably was in his mess room, which he said in interview was probably in one of the drawers of the desk; he does not remember shoving that into the plastic box that you have seen in the photographs. It maybe that he did not do it, maybe that he did do it. If he did do it he is extremely sorry. Obviously that was a moment when he should have thought ‘hang on a second, that can’t come with me. In fact it should not be here but it certainly can’t come with me to the triple SA accommodation’.
But of course, with the above link, you can now fill in all the other lines your post needs