PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest Spin from QF IR.
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 06:39
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Arnold E

Surely if I employ a manager to do a job I offer him an amount of money and he accepts or he doesnt. I dont want him to do a poor job, I expect him, as with everybody else, to do the best job that is possible for him to do. That being the case, why would I pay him any more than what was agreed, since that is what I expected of him in the first place. I know my boss expects nothing but a 100% of my abilities when I do a job and wouldnt, and I dont expect, him to pay a bonus for doing that. The fact is, everybody is either able to do their job to an acceptable standard.........or their not.
Please explain!!!!
I too have been unable to fathom "performance bonuses". I would have thought that doing the job you were employed to do, and correctly, or else, would be incentive enough to do your job.

But I guess when you call the shots, and you want the lemmings to do your dirty work for you, no matter the cost, you'll give them a bonus, and then reward yourself handsomely for getting others to do your work for you, and make it look like you've brought great change to the workplace.

Unfortunately, in this greedy society of ours, there are those that think and actually believe that they are worth every dollar of their $2million package or $500,00 package, or whatever they're paid, because they have reached their KPI's and all the other targets they "achieve".

The value of the worker is zero in management's eyes. They are a liability and burden that should be gotten rid of, and they're doing a fine job at that.