PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Employed by an airline with 250hrs!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 14:41
Cricketer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is right that the more experienced amongst us give us all an idea of what the job is like a lot further down the line. I did not read any of their posts as suggesting they were willing to give it up but merely that they were doing the same things day to day and it becomes less of the thrill (which is human nature) as it goes on. Unfortunately flying will end up by being just a job, but I do think it important that wannabees keep the dream alive as long as possible.

Basically anywhere where you need to earn money to pay for bills etc will get routine as you are no longer doing it for fun etc..

I would doubt that many people if given a million pounds a year would continue to fly 300 abusive pax from Ibiza home at the end of a drunken binge holiday when they could just fly their own plane with gorgeous women around the beauty of australia or africa?

Why would you not do the ibiza thing - because it is a job earning you money and not necessarily the most enjoyable thing in the world even if you enjoy certain aspects of it!