PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Oxford A.T need to make up my mind
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 14:24
garethjk22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree, the use of an analogy is to highlight a point, of course there were more factors involced in the Laura Spence case - it just highlights a point. Anyway, in the context of flying schools. Whether it is marketing blurb or not (and working in marketingm i can see right through it), here are the facts as I see them:

Jerez
Question: What are my job propects?
Answer: Well, expect to wait about a year, and you may get an airline interview. We don't see much opportuinity at the moment

Oxford:
Questio: What are my job prospects?
Answer: Well, by the time you graduate we expect the market to have picked up [marketing blurb]. So, look at the airline orders [EZY, FR etc etc] factor in the natural wastage ... blah blah blah [all more marketing blurb]

... but here comes the useful bit ...

airlines x,y and z (who I shall not name) have all approached us and asked us to proved a,b and c, hence the APP programme, hence the changes etc etc, here is the proof and here is our track record. Based on this you can expect to get interviews (note the s) straight away, it's up to you whether you get the job.

Now, as I say, I see through the marketing blurb, that's not hard, but as I see it, Oxford seem to take some vested interest in what happens after you graduate - Jerez says, thanks for your £58k, the flight homes leaves in half an hour.

Big deal - why Oxford are helping you get a job by talking to the airlines (who appraoch Oxford and not the other way around) and you are getting interviews, and if you are worth your salt, you'll turn one into a job offer. Jerez have in interest and in the meantime the interest you are earning on your loan will soon outweigh the difference in costs.

It is up to you, I know what I would do.
Anyway, I've argued my point enough, and who am I to talk anyway?
lol GJK