PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie looking to upgrade to Cirrus
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 20:53
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome, Adrian B, to the hot steamy topic du jour for Private Prune Flyers. I think you are well qualified to contribute if you transited directly from 152/PA28 to the Mooney, which can give the pilot quite a shock, having been brought up, so to speak, on fairly simple equipment and relatively slow speed.

Thanks, Fuji for mentioning the useful technique of I Follow Roads to avoid the naughty bits round Heathrow, etc. F900EX, you may have misunderstood my use of the term, in fact I did gain the IR, but it now has decayed beyond use. Following roads still works very well.

Fuji, I can very well imagine your feelings in transiting from Worms (well named) under a lowering cloudbase, and wondering why they needed all those humogous ariel installations.... I got lost over France a while back near Tours, in February, trying to fly VFR in a Supercub, getting lower and lower and decided to follow the river into Tours figuring they couldn't construct an ariel in the river. Tours were very kind and welcoming over the VFR, but I did notice a small strip by the river and lobbed into that instead. Survived again.

007heli, you remark that you cannot recall a single fatality or accident in a Cirrus that was the result of ALL the screens going blank....

Actually what goes blank is the pilot's mind.