PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed with CFI
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 18:53
Pipersupercub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doubts

Good school bad school... good FI bad FI ,what about bad student? or a too good student ? same topic over and over again... and we only see one side of the toasted bread!
This ain't going nowhere!

I am not a CFI , I had an Old hog as an instructor, which I really liked, but I thought I did not progress after a while. So i changed, (no problem!) I got a slick dude younger than me( i was his first student!) that pushed me so hard that i usually fell asleep exhausted in my car in the parking lot after a 2 hour flight!

some of my fellows liked him, other's did not... you just need to work it out, but to go and report him won't solve anything, grab your balls and go speak with him! that's what airmanship is about!

I can't remember my first flight though... but my first lesson, I was like 11 years old feeling great because I got to sit upfront ( had to sit in the back in the volvo) in the old man's 1946. 65hp Cub. My dad teached me to trim, and hold the same indicated airspeed, do turns( no pedals for me though! too short!) while the only thing i could see was the Old sunburnt "Texaco" Sticker on the leaking fuel tank.... he didn't let me land the cub though ......... not that time!

Rick