PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - About Oxford A.T need to make up my mind
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 10:30
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are going Modular then my advice is look around since there are some really good little outfits that are in business. If you want to do the integrated course then that narrows your options but look around. The only things that matters at the moment are hours and where you did your training comes second to that.

The post graduation career help is not as extensive as you might think but if the market was flush with jobs then things might be different. Certainly at the moment the responsibility of finding employment rests solely on you.

I was pleased with the instruction that I got at Oxford and it is probably just as good as you would get at any other good FTO. However today's training system is far less comprehensive then it was a few decades ago. I am doing an FI course and I am lucky to have a senior CAAFU examiner teaching me a lot of the groundschool and it is evident that gaps are appearing in the way pilots are trained nowadays. Compared to the past it seems that if you collect enough Frosties tokens then even you can get your own Frozen ATPL!!! A worrying trend indeed!

So in otherwords the training at Oxford is good. Not poor or fantastic but if you put the effort in then you will achieve what you want.