PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie looking to upgrade to Cirrus
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 08:22
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Englishal

Think I will put you in touch with the owner of one of the Jets I fly! Its 30+ years old and most half modern club pistons would put her to shame
Everything original steam with wait for it a King 90B GPS.
It does the job but is annoying loading by hand 30 odd waypoints for a trans Europe flight.
Weather Radar is also original! Oh for the luxuries of FADEC an FMS a nice MFD but I cannot even get him to upgrade to a Garmin 430 never mind spending $200,000 on decent kit.
As MJ states a lot is workarounds expecting something not to work fully.
But with all that she is RVSM and struggles to FL390 but God do you have to work!
That jet has soul and flying something like her is good for the soul
Take these Magenta line pilots who need pilot assist here and there and parachute handles if an engine goes bang to compensate for a lack of basic skills stick them in that jet and they would not know where to start!

But yes please ask him nicely for me to cough up $200,000 and I can watch some nice displays! It is coming up to Christmas

I would still quite like to see some of these old timers navigate around say londons busy airspace ocas. I dont mean point to point but on the fly lets say a surprise circuit of gatwick through mig alley below the 2,500 stub. Make it a real challenge and do it in imc if you like.
Fuji

Come on most of us have been doing that for 25 years in IMC with 200 cloudbases below in a wide mix of aircraft and kit. Know that airspace back to front! As I said good for the soul.

Fuji what do you do the day you are asked to fly an aircraft which is NOT all singing and dancing through that airspace in IMC? decline because your skills are not up to it without a full box of toys and tricks ? I know in your own particular case your skills are more than up to it toys or no toys

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 28th Nov 2012 at 11:30.