PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie looking to upgrade to Cirrus
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 20:29
Odai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is it someone raises a question - even if its just for the sake of starting a conversation - and then it decends into a p155ing contest? either that or some private investigation where everyone presumes to know everything about everyone..
Thanks, this is exactly what I was thinking.

I initially asked for some advice regarding concerns I had about the suitability of the Cirrus for an inexperienced PPL. That was addressed. I then decided, instead of opening another thread, to ask for advice on looking for alternate aircraft. What followed next is clear....

I don't think it's appropriate at all and it's obvious I'm not about to get any useful advice out of this mess now, so best to just leave it before it gets worse. It's a shame, as there were some users who, very kindly, genuinely tried to help.

For the record, fwjc, this is my training and I consider it an investment for my future. I certainly won't be flying as often once I am qualified (not just because of the costs) so I may as well enjoy it for now and try to minimise the costs as best I can. Besides, I don't think comments about my personal financial situation are at all appropriate on the forum...

Above the Clouds, may I suggest if you don't find what I post agreeable you simply ignore it? Your posts here and my other thread aren't remotely useful and would only make the situation worse. If you think I'm a 'troll' that's fine, but I posted genuine questions and thankfully I did get some helpful advice.

Last edited by Odai; 26th Nov 2012 at 20:30.