PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 16:12
Mr Mac

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts
pwhalx
I share your view on BA Cabin crew, and would extend it to include their staff in T5 lounge the last time I was there (2 years ago). Also agree with the previouse posters view on American carriers, and we only use them on internal US flights when west bound. Unlike your good self, after the debacle 2 years ago of lost luggage, staff attitude, broken ICE, broken seat, poor food we said as a company (and personaly) enough in enough, and have not flown any of my staff (or myself) with BA since. Like you, most of my travel is not to the land of the free, and is mostly Far East, Africa, South America so do not have to put up with US carriers. However having bounced round the mid west in early spring this year courtesy of Delta, I am very glad I do not have to !. Now use Lufty,SQ,EK and have not had any issues yet. Outbound to Saigon on Friday am with EK and I am not expecting any problems, could not say the same over my last flights with BA which were more of a lottery.

Mrs Mac however continues to fly the flag on her trips to DC, as US carriers only option from NW UK at the moment, and not direct. Her reports on her 9 trips in 2012 also include the same issues as I reported at variouse times, and bags have failed to arrive back at Man on 4 trips (being delv by Mr Reg later in the day with whom my wife is on first name terms !)

All of our flights are Business class, so if BA Business Class is like that you, have to wonder what its like in the back.