PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 10:47
jedigtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest does anyone know what BA plans to do with the BMI Maintenance bases at Heathrow and East Midlands? I did read somewhere that the Heathrow hangar was being rebranded as a BA hangar. I see aircraft are still positioning to EMA for maintenance. I also remember reading that the current contract with a maintenance company in Sofia ends in January 2013 and that some former BMI engineers would then be needed in UK for maintenance work. Is this correct? It may be an idea to keep the EMA base as with an increasing fleet the capacity may be needed.
I know that BA opened a hangar at Prestwick to enable extra capacity for specific work in Airbus aircraft. Are there any plans to keep this going?

All the bmi engineering personnel at LHR have transferred over to BA. The bmi hangar is being rebranded to BA but no one is 100% certain what will become of it. It might just be a casualty hangar. The EMA hangar will be closed once the last A321 comes out after having it's cabin mod, then the staff will be made redundant.