PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type but no time IN type?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 07:39
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@requesttheblock... Your situation is a difficult one (sorry for being blunt, I don't believe in rosé color glasses) airlines abroad will NOT look at you with neither military nor corporate only times, I wholeheartedly agree with eaglesnest1972 in the sense that I think it is a very short sighted stance from these management guys, I'll give you an example, I have a good friend that I have known for over 25 years, this guy has over 14,000 hours with at least 9,000 jet PIC in A/C's like the G5, G6, citation X, etc. he has flown around the world over and over again and he does have airline time (just under the minimums here, it doesn't matter it is on the 767, they don't look pass the fact it is under the minimums) I can't get him an interview, but guys that worked at COMAIR and never flew outside of the US (well, they flew to Canada so I guess they have international time) and all their time is on the CRJ are getting hired in what world does that make any sense? Well, in their world it does and it is their train set.
My recommendation would be to get in touch with the contract companies, you can start with talking with Frank at CREW right there in Hono, explain them what your situation is and if there is a way you can get into airline flying (maybe getting your type on a regional jet or a Q400) anything that will give you the minimum airline times required to tick the box and then with your vast experience you can apply to other gigs. Talk to PARC, RISHWORTH, CREW, WASINC ETC. you don't really have any other option except UCAL or any other US carrier at the bottom of the pile.

The best of luck compadre, and thank you for your service

PS: just wanted to clarify that my comments were NOT aimed at putting down the regional guys. I came from the regionals myself and I'm grateful for the opportunity, I am of the opinion however that your experience and that of my good friend has a lot to offer and should be considered in my opinion.

Last edited by The Dominican; 26th Nov 2012 at 07:47.