PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating A320 V2500/ CFM56
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 13:41
T.R Haychemu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without having a personal dig; where do you think you'd find details of what authorisation can be issued? Any LAE should know this.

Part 145.A.35
Excepting those cases listed in 145.A.30(j) the organisation may only issue a certification authorisation to certifying staff in relation to the basic categories or subcategories and any type rating listed on the aircraft maintenance licence listed in Part 66, subject to the licence remaining valid throughout the validity period of the authorisation and the certifying staff remaining in compliance with Part 66.

You the licensed engineer when you sign the CRS are confirming the aircraft is being released in accordance with Part 145 mate.
The responsibility lays with the Licensed Engineer. This is exactly why the National Aviation Authority issues LAEs with licenses to uphold safety standards, we are the policemen acting for the NAA. If this wasn't the case then god knows what airlines/MROs would allow out the door with bean counters running the show with no regard for safety. The LAE is the last line of defence.

If your license does not state Airbus A318/319/320/321 CFM56 then you cannot issue a 'Level 3' authorisation release on it, as quoted above.

Seriously, take it up with your company/NAA. As I promise you the company won't give a hoot if your license gets revoked and your livelyhood is lost.

I realise you probably aren't the only certifier in your outfit in the same boat, get it checked out and insist on the training, it's your license at stake, and like I said, it's nothing personal.

Last edited by T.R Haychemu; 25th Nov 2012 at 13:50.