PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China is reducing max flying hrs to 850
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 06:09
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay attention Krueger !

Captain Hindsight has shown you how to complain with facts and logic, and as a person who is invested in a number of JV companies in China (reason I was drawn to the thread title in the first place) I feel better informed about risks I take when I fly in China. By the way Captain H, from my personal experience with Chinese management behaviour, money first..**** everything else you are right to be duly suspicious of intentions.

Wirbelsturm..I am never surprised about higher risk of incidents in military aviation (for obvious reasons) nor surprisingly in the GA world, where aircraft don't always get the "loving care" that they do in the commercial world...that's why I was specific about the commercial world, the subject of the working hours complaints, and there are two points to pick up from your post....

1. If you have had serious emergencies and you are still here, then you clearly are up to the job, but its clear that some have and are not..But the reference to your responsibility to your passengers safe is rather superfluous as I am fairly sure that you would have tried just as hard to keep yourself alive even if the aircraft was loaded with the proverbial "rubber dogsh1t from Hong Kong".

2. Time and again on pprune, journos and their publications are flamed for over exaggeration of routine in-flight events, especially failures which are backed up by other systems, including, oddly enough to me the shut down of an engine on a twin engine aircraft as well as cargo fire indications (as opposed to an actual fire), turbulence and partial hydraulic failures on an aircraft with multiple hydraulic systems etc etc, now here you are apparently indicating that my life is in serious danger when any of these events happen, without the highly skilled and god-like pilot wrestling with the controls before we hit a primary school.

I note Wirbelsturm, that you also appear to be a former single seat jet jock (correct me if I am wrong), so maybe a certain pattern emerging here between you and Krueger. Not surprised that if your early flying career puts you in the air for 200 hours a year, you might be a bit miffed to be asked to be up there for 1500 these days

Last edited by rmac; 25th Nov 2012 at 06:34.