PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed with CFI
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 19:22
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, my name isn't richard head...that's a joke

I've learned something...I really have...and I had read somthing similiar to this concept just a few weeks ago.

human beings are getting dumber due to high technology.

dear ORIGINAL POSTER...do yourself a favor...got to a different flying school/FBO and get a lesson with a different instructor.

some people can't learn to fly at all...and perhaps the instructors who don't push a little bit are just fattening their wallets.

a good instructor will push a bit...and then see if you can handle things, if you ''catch on'' quickly or need extra help.

while the technique described by my opposites here might be good for someone with certain learning needs, it is a waste of time with other students.

again...spend a few bucks, go to a different flying school at least 20 miles away and take a lesson...ask to take a lesson with a very experienced instructor or the chief instructor.

I've seen all sorts of instructors in my 37 years in aviation. I remember one gal who went out with a student and couldn't get a normal flight control check (free and correct). They taxied back, she wrote up the flight controls. I went out and checked the plane and...yes , she had the autopilot/wingleveler turned on and nothing was wrong with the plane.

The same instructor would not fly a tomahawk at the ''book'' approach speed...she felt it was too slow...can you imagine her surprise when she ran off the end of the runway?

so...don't be a BOZO or a wimp...if you have had ground school on fundamentals...you should be ahead of the game.

Change instructors at your earliest convenience. And your ''slick'' instructor has spent more time looking ''slick'' than talking and being with new students.

Last edited by sevenstrokeroll; 24th Nov 2012 at 19:24.