PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed with CFI
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 22:37
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B2n2

Dear Sir:

The point the original poster had made was that the pre flight inspection was not done immediately prior to the lesson...it had been done in the morning and it was already in the afternoon.

Do you do a preflight hours in advance of flight? I don't.

AS to captains teaching copilots...it is quite evident in our company FLIGHT OPERATIONS MANUAL. AND we supervise and make sure the copilots are following the methods taught by the training department.

I'm sure you wouldn't understand if you don't bother to teach takeoffs in the first lesson in your flying school.

I'm glad you called me a tool... before I read that I just thought you were a weak sister and I felt sorry for you.

The original poster has already said he is taking ground school and the concepts of the theory of flight are covered in such a school.

why, why wouldn't someone teach someone to takeoff...it is required to takeoff before you can do anything else in flight.

Do you taxi the plane to the runway, perform the runup and pretakeoff checklist and control check, perform the takeoff and then, after you have trimmed up in level flight let the student control the plane?

wow...pretty lame

my students from 30 years ago are doing quite well having gone on to fine careers at many major airlines in the US.

I see them from time to time and NONE has ever said: gee, you should have taught me straight and level before you taught me how to takeoff.

try reading the original post again...the poster indicated that other students were learning to takeoff on their lessons.

someone who couldn't handle what I have outlined as the first lesson should be warned that using the B2n2 method will cost three times as much and make a pilot competent to solo DUMBO at DISNEYLAND.

Rubbish indeed...