PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 22:10
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will we say about this thread.......

....... when the MILSAR in the UK is long dead and buried?

It has been said that in the context of medical care each generation from time immemorial has been more than satisfied with the quality of medical care delivered by that generation of medicos. That is medicine! Strange to contemplate being happy about being blead but it was so and folk were happy to be on the receiving end of what we now know are crank cures. In times past that was the way it was!

The same might be said about SAR (of all shades) after all, can anyone recall a time in our history when there was a public outcry at the failure of our SAR assets to deliver a service that fell short of expectations? (And I don't mean a public outcry in the shape of a rant by CRAB, but a genuine, plastered over all the newspapers, public campaign to 'right wrongs').

The prophets of doom may complain about the profits of gloom - but I seriously doubt that the streets of Britain will see marches to complain about crews that don't deliver the goods. On the contrary we have a proud history of stepping up to the plate and getting the job done by individual dedication, skill and adaptability. Would we all love to work with the SAR equivalent of the Spitfire? Of course, but we didn't do so bad with Hurricanes and Mosquitoes to mention just a couple of 'make-do' types (tongue in cheek before I get lynched by Hurri-fans). But you get my drift. Nobody, in 25 years time is going to look back on the next ten years and say "they failed, they let us down, they could not do the job."

G.

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 23rd Nov 2012 at 22:13.