PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China is reducing max flying hrs to 850
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 06:29
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Krueger,

If what has been going on for many of the posts on this thread does not constitute complaining about how tough life is, then I obviously have misunderstood the definition of complaining.

Vis your statement that I don't know what a pilots life is like so cant comment (right up there with "Its my ball and Im taking it home"), all I can say is that you don't have a clue as to whether I do or whether I don't, so its impossible for you to make such a bold statement without any evidence to support it.

I on the other hand, have referred to the fairly hard evidence of a number of complaining posts in this thread (which you also deny in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary...is that how you run your flight deck too ?).

As for the inference that everyone else has a job standing around a water cooler and that only airline pilots jobs require them to be cool and decisive on a regular basis as emergencies arise, well on a general basis, thats an incredibly narrow and frankly rather arrogant view of the world and on a specific basis;

1. Statistically rare for a commercial pilot to be faced with a significant emergency on a regular basis, in fact unlucky if its more than one or two times in an entire career.
2. Statistically proven that not every commercial pilot is up to the job when the time comes

Many years ago a tough old Royal Highland Fusilier Sergeant Major told me
that if you want to look for sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary, between sh1t and syphillis

Last edited by rmac; 23rd Nov 2012 at 06:51.