PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A319s for Qlink?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 02:35
32megapixels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GB,

I agree. Formally a member of AIPA and AFAP at one time, I don't think there is a 'stab them in the back' attitude from either side.

We are meant to be as one and Virgin are on that path. Why isn't the Qantas Group pilots! It is actually a pathetic and discusting thing in our industry that we are not and when we think that one side will benefit over another, it is really dissapointing.

One thing that I had said to me 2 years ago by a Qantas Cadet (bumped into him in Singapore), now at Qantas logging P3 time was, QantasLink is just 'training ground' for Qantas pilots.

Please, shoot me! It is GA or the airforce that is a good learning envirnment, not Qlink. Qlink has been a mind field of changing SOP's for many years. I do hope that this new management throw out the FCOM and start again. They will!

We have a great company here, and as one who has been burnt by the big Q, in regards to career progression, I would say these cadets on the bottem end of the list at Qantas may want group seniority that is great. It is even better for those who worked their butts off in entry into this industry from other avenues that should benefit the most, as they will appreciate it more!

Last edited by 32megapixels; 23rd Nov 2012 at 02:37.